With the January sales in full swing, it’s the perfect time to add a little extra comfort or style to your home for a fraction of the cost.
Bristol is blessed with some of the best shopping malls and retail parks in the South West. Notably The Mall and Retail Park at Cribbs Causeway has a shop or outlet store for whatever your needs might be.
With so much choice on offer, it’s difficult to recommend anyone place for the best sale discounts, especially as Bristol has many specialist shops and suppliers throughout the city.
Bristol Letting Agency brings you some tips to survive the sales and make sure you get the best deals
- Firstly, think about what you really need. It’s easy to get carried away when there are so many items for sale at a great price. Before you know it you can spend a fortune, so write a list of what you want to replace or buy. Take measurements if you need an item of furniture for a specific spot or purpose.
- Do some research online before hitting the stores. It’s good to know the recommended retail price (RRP) and the cheapest deals on offer at the ecommerce sites, so you know in advance what sort of price is a good deal.
- Go alone. January sales shopping can be challenging, especially if you hate crowds and queues. You may even have to compete for a car parking space before you even reach the shops, so stay focused and step out with sense of purpose.
- Be well equipped by wearing comfortable shoes and light layers. Take a bottle of water and a re-usable shopping bag. It’s not just the supermarkets that charge 5p for a bag now!
- Plan your route and head to the most popular stores first. Crowds increase as the day goes on, so try to avoid the most congested places at those times. Big department stores are great if you want to get everything you need under one roof.
- If you really can’t face the crush of the sales, you can always shop online. Many stores offer the same, if not better, sale discounts on their websites, so you can shop from the comfort of your home.
- One last point to remember is that your consumer rights for sale items are exactly the same as when you buy normal goods, so don’t be afraid to return purchases if they have defects.
Happy bargain hunting!